Broad Form insurance is often misunderstood because of the name. It sounds like it would be a broad coverage plan, but in Idaho, and in other states, the truth is it is not at all. Broad Form insurance in Idaho is merely the coverage of the driver. That’s it. We wrote about the Broad Form coverage in Washington, and it is very similar for Idaho.

When you do a search for Idaho Broad Form insurance details, you most-likely will end up seeing one of our competitors, Vern Fonk show up. We also wrote about them as a whole and honestly reviewed their business. That might be worth your time to read after you get the scoop for Broad Form Insurance in Idaho.

In Idaho, Broad Form Insurance covers only the driver. Just one person, not anyone else. Where you find this type of insurance most common in Idaho is with companies offering to cover only employees, who need to drive for business. You won’t find many families in Idaho looking to get Broad Form insurance, unless they have a specific vehicle no one else will be driving. Maybe a company car. In Idaho, the Broad Form Insurance doesn’t cover much. Here’s the truth of what your coverage entails, if you have Broad Form insurance or it is provided by your work.

Broad Form Insurance Coverage Details in Idaho:

  • Broad Form covers fire, explosions, storms, smoke, riots, vandalism, and sprinkler leaks.
  • A broad form policy typically adds more coverage for damage from broken windows and other structural glass, falling objects and water damage to the list of covered items.
  • Even a special form coverage which offers the widest range of protection, as it typically covers all risks (including theft), unless specifically excluded from the policy.

Broad Form can also be collision coverage. This is a bit more technical in terms of getting broad form insurance for collisions in addition to your standard collision coverage. This is probable best to call and chat with us about, but basically if you have a broad form collision policy, you’ll only have to pay your deductible if you’re found to be more than 50% at fault in a covered accident. If you’re less than 50% at fault, you won’t have to pay your deductible. That’s why you would want it on top of the standard collision coverage, to help with the deductible.